> “substantial” does not mean it has to be a certain percentage of the whole
> db, you can see this from the substantial guideline, which has fixed limits
> that are not growing with the db. “substantial” means it’s more than one or
> two features (OpenStreetMap-Foundation has declared they see a total of 100
> features as substantial, although it is not completely clear what a feature
> is, for example you could go to an extreme point of view and see the whole
> border of Germany as a single feature (I am not) while a more credible
> interpretation would see every border point as a feature, so that the
> border of Germany would be thousands of features).
>
> This is not what the Substantial Guideline says. It says that fewer than
100 features is "not Substantial". It also gives as an example "More that
100 Features only if the extraction is non-systematic and clearly based on
your own qualitative criteria for example an extract of all the the
locations of restaurants you have visited for a personal map to share with
friends or use the locations of a selection of historic buildings as an
adjunct in a book you are writing, we would regard that as non
Substantial." BTW, a list of flats/houses for sale in the current time
period is not too far off from these examples.
And that is for extracting the entirety of each feature. The Geocoding
Guideline states: "Furthermore, if only names are provided in Geocoding
Results from OSM -- in particular, latitude/longitude information from OSM
is not included in the Geocoding Results -- a collection of such results is
not a substantial extract." There's no 100 feature limit at all for
geocoding.