sent from a phone

> On 23. Sep 2020, at 14:43, Kathleen Lu via legal-talk
> <legal-talk@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> So if changeset comments did not count as part of the geo-database, OSM would
> not have rights to use them, which would be contrary to the purposes of the
> Contributor Terms.

looking at the terms, to my layman’s view it seems unnecessary to qualify the
term “contents of the OpenStreetMap project” with the limitation to
geo-database. The whole sentence reads:
“ Thank you for your interest in contributing data and/or any other content
(collectively, “Contents”) to the geo-database of the OpenStreetMap project
(the “Project”).”

why not remove “geo-database of the”? If someone added the geo-database, maybe
they wanted to exclude other databases or parts of the project? Are there terms
for diary posts? Are diary posts distributed under the ODbL?

Cheers Martin