> From: "Macdonald Stainsby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Rad Green" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>        "Leninist International" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [L-I] rough copy....any suggestions?
>Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:22:40 -0700
>
>keep in mind our coalition has *all* shades of progressives in it.

That's the trouble already! Revolutionaries should form action coalitions with
reformists, but not propaganda blocs. In the latter, and this case is a good example,
would-be revolutionaries lend credibility to political positions that undermine their
revolutionary intentions. See my comments below.

>Macdonald
>
>---------
>Petition for the Canadian government

Why have a petition to the imperialist Canadian government, rather than a manifesto to
the Canadian people and/or working class?

>We the undersigned extend our sympathy to the families and friends of the
>victims who have died in the attacks on the twin towers of the World Trade
>Centre in New York and the Pentagon in Washington DC.
>
>We Are Opposed To:
>? The US military carrying out any military action any country- Iraq,
>Afghanistan or any other sovereign state.
>? The racist backlash sweeping across our communities and the mediašs compliance
>with and promotion of racism.
>? Any attacks on the civil liberties of the people of the United States and in
>Canada. The state of emergency in the United States and Canadašs impending
>passing of Bill C-16 must be stopped.
>? All changes to the immigration laws that further restrict the movement of
>human beings here to Canada. Refugee laws should not be tightened.
>
>We Believe:
>? Any attempt to end such attacks cannot be achieved through military means. You
>cannot bomb alleged terrorists. You will only create more sympathy for such
>actions.

Why are revolutionaries advising an imperialist government?

>? Racism is not born, it is created. The major media and the governments of both
>Canada and the United States are creating a nightmarish existence and climate of
>violence, hatred and fear for all the people of colour who live here in North
>America.
>? Any resolution of the current crisis means re-evaluation of American and
>Canadian foreign policies, which provide a climate for the growth of virulent
>opposition.

Does it mean 're-evaluation of American and Canadian foreign policies' or defeat of
the imperialist ruling class that is served by those policies?

>We Demand:
>? That no bombing, invasion or any military action be undertaken by the
>government of Canada. The Canadian government must immediately declare that it
>will not participate in any military action directed at any country.
>? That the media and our government cease propagating racism and xenophobia.

'Our government'?

>? The defence of all communities coming under attack due to the racist backlash
>of the recent attacks in New York and Washington DC.
>? That diplomatic means and International law be used to resolve guilt for the
>attackers of the World Trade Centre and Washington DC.

Are you allying with the United States against the perpetrators of the attack, only
not with its possible actions?

 - Aaron