Note by Hunterbear:

Attached is a note from Tammy Miller, cousin of murdered Native youth, Russ
Turcotte [19], whose body was found in early November by a North Dakota
rancher.  Ms. Miller is one of the several family members who keeps us
closely posted.  This gives the link to the Saturday story in the Great
Falls, Montana paper -- which, among other things, publicizes the new reward
being offered:  $50,000.

Our intensive efforts to publicize this tragedy -- and that of the three
other Native men murdered in the last year and a half in eastern North
Dakota with no arrests as well -- are moving along very effectively on a
global basis. Many friends -- old and new -- nationally and internationally,
have been providing much creative assistance.  We are deeply appreciative to
all of you.

In addition to broad publicity, other tactical irons are much in our fire.

And here, too, in Eastern Idaho, we have our hands full with some very
difficult racial situations.

Will keep you all posted.

As Ever - Hunter [Hunterbear]

Regional Organizer, DSA Anti-Racism Commission

Chair, Native American Commission, SPUSA

Active Member also of Solidarity and CCDS

>From Tammy Miller:

Boozhoo Hunter,
Just a brief note and am including the link for the new reward offered.  As
you probably have surmised, not alot has happened regarding the
investigations.  One individual will "inform" us of something happening or a
lead being followed, and the next individual completely discredits the first
person's remarks.  It truly appears to be a sense of "the left hand not
knowing what the right hand is doing".  We have been told of suspect
line-ups, found evidence, and etc. - all of which are false.  And, of
course, all inquiry responses are preceded with "due to the amount of time
that has passed in this case......"
We, however, are going to continue to persevere.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/stories/20030301/localnews/1086139.htm

Hunter Gray  [Hunterbear]
www.hunterbear.org
Protected by NaŽshdoŽiŽbaŽiŽ