Only today (due to PC-problems) I find an opportunity to take a stand on what
follows concerning the CPRF (here I don't want to comment on the 'case'
of Johannes). I find that M.J's position is entirely defeatist: If I get him
right he says, 1. we must not blame a party which carries the name of
'communism' for not being communist but reformist, and 2. that anyway it doesn't
make any difference for the revolutionary process if there is a revolutionary
mass party or non, since there is no objective chance for a revolution. To my
mind this amounts to rejecting Leninism (and therefore of course Marxism)
interely. It says that imperialism is not characterized as the epoch of decay of
capitalism and therefore of revolution, and it flatly denies the historical
responsablity of the revolutionary party (one of Lenin's crucial legacies). M.J.
may be right, but if he is Leninism is reduntant, and a 'Leninist'-list
likewise.
A.Holberg