On 11.12.2016 12:56, Roman Lebedev wrote:
>> That's what we were thinking. Maybe Alexander can be a bit more specific
>> about which platform he is working on and which application was missing
>> support for the updates?
> darktable on osx.
> https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/11352
> There is no python3, at least not in macports, so naturally, the
> script does not work.
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/3eac5dbd0a35816dd3eb35bd058203af35da22bc/graphics/lensfun/Portfile#L42-L43

Roman and Ulrich, what is your opinion as an application developer how
Lensfun can help to solve this problem?

Is it necessary to improve the database update scripts? Or do you prefer
to have frequent releases with an updated database?

>> I think that the scripts are not working on Windows, but AFAIK there is
>> no Windows application with Lensfun support, yet.
> That would be surprising.

Well, not working means that the scripts are not prepared for a Windows
folder structure and Python is not available on Windows by default.

Sebastian