Am 11.12.2016 um 15:52 schrieb Sebastian Kraft:
> On 11.12.2016 12:56, Roman Lebedev wrote:
>>> That's what we were thinking. Maybe Alexander can be a bit more specific
>>> about which platform he is working on and which application was missing
>>> support for the updates?
>> darktable on osx.
>> https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/11352
>> There is no python3, at least not in macports, so naturally, the
>> script does not work.
>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/3eac5dbd0a35816dd3eb35bd058203af35da22bc/graphics/lensfun/Portfile#L42-L43
>>

> Roman and Ulrich, what is your opinion as an application developer how
> Lensfun can help to solve this problem?
>
> Is it necessary to improve the database update scripts? Or do you prefer
> to have frequent releases with an updated database?

As Roman said, it's of course all a question of available resources.
Judging from the expectation level of a "normal" (Linux) user I'd assume
that they would profit from more frequent releases. That's what most
applications do if they have something new. I would not call myself a
normal user but it has been before today that I realized something like
lensfun-update-data does exist :)

Ulrich