On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:12 AM, RobS <r...@cybershep.net> wrote:

> Oh, I'm more than willing, I'm excited to get involved in a project
> like this.  This is the first open project I've volunteered for, and
> it's something I've wanted to do for some time now.  When I saw a
> needed task that I could actually handle, combined with how cool of a
> project Leo is, I jumped at the chance.
>
> If you're more comfortable writing the script yourself, that's fine.

The script is tricky, the main complication being something that would seem
to be straightforward, namely normalizing file names.  I'll probably solve
this problem by creating a norm helper.

> Maybe I could put together the boiler plate sections for you, or
> whatever.  I'd just like to be involved in any way you think is
> appropriate.
>
> I know I'm brand new here, and I'm sorry if I got a little anxious
> right off the bat.  Maybe I should just lay back and study the Loe
> code for a while before I start butting in.

No need to apologize!  Some of Leo's best developers started fast.

Help on the boilerplate would be quite helpful: it's out of my comfort zone
to be messing with the registry, etc.

You can start right now by looking at leoDist.leo on the trunk.  The node
@@thin leo-4-3-nsi contains the .nsi script.  The so-called boilerplate
would be everything except *some* of the stuff in

<< Section "Leo" >>

and

<< Section Uninstall >>

That is, these sections contain a mixture of boilerplate and
file-and-directory-related info.  My script will generate the
file-and-directory-related info, but everything else needs a fresh pair of
eyes.  I hope those eyes will be yours :-)