Thanks Terry, you're right, it was p.insertAsLastChild() that I really
wanted (see Push to Gist thread, soon)

c.createLastChildNode(parent, my_head, my_body_text) gave me
"AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'insertAsLastChild'"

> Search leoPy.leo, your local copy of leoPyRef.leo.  That's what I do.

Ok, I'll start there next time.

I did eventually find the function and the docstrings, but   """Inserts a
new vnode as the last child of self. Returns the newly created
position."""  doesn't help me much. My newbie python-fu is not at that
level. :) It's okay, I'll get there sooner or later.

cheers,

-matt