On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:27:08 -0800 (PST)
> "Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> This was one of the best screencasts I've ever seen.

Wow.  I didn't expect that.  Thanks so much.

My one question is this: During the screencast, you didn't actually
> change anything within expand_text
> ...If you *had* changed anything in expand_text, wouldn't the log screen
> have shown that
>
> leoEditCommands.py
>
> was changed?

Yes, the log would show that leoEditCommands was changed, the *first* time
I did a save.  But then, after that save, nothing would have changed when I
deleted the clones.

I'm going to charge ahead with more tutorials, but given how easy it is to
do them, it will be worthwhile fixing this and similar issues.

For example there are two problems with the minibuffer screencast.  The
first, as has been pointed out, is that I neglected to scramble the text
after the first take.  Mistakes like this require a full re-take.

The second problem, is that I struggled with a few words.  I minimized the
problems by editing the sound track, but doing a retake of the offending
audio would have produced a better result.

I mention this because using Camtasia is so easy that it should be easy to
create a script as I go.  After one or two takes, all that is left is to
retake less-than-perfect audio, and then splice the new audio in.

This depends on audio levels, so it's best done immediately.

Anyway, I'm thrilled that you approve, and also thrilled that making
screencasts is so easy.  I'm naturally drawn to teaching people about Leo,
and screencasts are, by far, the best way.