On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Kent Tenney <kten...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if they are useful in user space. They seem like Leo
> bookkeeping. Presumably the user can break persistence by editing in that
> tree?

Leo has *lots* of nodes that are bookkeeping, including all settings
nodes, @button nodes, @chapters, etc. etc. etc.  There is no real
alternative: it would be a nightmare to store persistence data as uAs,
for several reasons:

- The data would not be human readable.
- The code would have to treat persistence uAs differently from normal uAs.

The Leonine way is to use uA's only for special purposes.  It would be
quite wrong, imo, to use uAs as hidden notes or to contain most other
valuable data.  Almost by definition, valuable data should be
contained in visible nodes.  Yes, there could be exceptions, but they
truly *are* exceptions.