On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Kent Tenney <kten...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @persistent seems to be Leo talking to itself.

Hehe.  Well, almost all data in Leo is in a node.  The only exceptions are uA's.

> - what is the reason for human readable? it's unclear what a human
> can use the @persistent tree for other than to break things.

The associations of gnxs with unls could be quite useful.

>> - The code would have to treat persistence uAs differently from normal uAs.
>
> Don't understand that one.

The only other place for data, besides nodes, is in uA's.  But the
purpose of persistence is to persist uA's.  If we use uA's for
persistence, Leo would have to treat some uA's differently from
others.  Trust me, we don't want to go there.

Bottom line.  If uA's are considered valuable enough to warrant error
recovery, then they must be out in the open for people to see.  I see
no more danger in @persistence trees than in any other kind of tree.
If you want to screw up your data, Leo can't really stop you :-)

EKR