Dufriz is facing the same exact problems with GUI config I had when I
joined Leo.
I knew very few of programming, nothing of python, and now I know both,
because I had the time, loved the concept of Leo, and could devote my time
to study both.

I also asked for a settings GUI, because IMO, this is screening out a lot
of people that would otherwise use Leo for non-programming related stuff.
Something as simple as Notepad++ settings/preferences menu, just a simple
tick menu, would make much more people remain in Leo.
Even if you love the concept, clones, etc, if you must learn python and
pyqt and Leo structures and Leo @node_id inheritance before you can edit
that, you simply wont.
I know someone will think "its not neccesary to know pyqt to change the
background colors", but I have been there, and otherwise you dont really
know what you are touching // how to edit that.
Also, having to restart the app for every change to make effect makes
everything much slower (for a newbie), all of this resulting in non
programmers running away from Leo as fast as they can.
Just a few comboboxes with option lists, + tickboxes for boolean values,
would make a huge difference. If the need to restart Leo was removed, that
would make things perfect.

But then again, this is a dev time problem, so only thing I can do till I
get some extra time to develop that myself, is to remain extremely grateful
for Leo as is right now.