On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 5:09 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am willing to delay 5.0 final as long as necessary to get setup.py
> working with both distutils (python setup.py install) and pip (pip install).

​It seems to me that setup.py *does* work on both Windows and Ubuntu with
distutils, which I believe is under debate.  However, the leo folder is not
unpacked to the site-packages folder (Windows) or dist-packages folder
(Ubuntu), but instead remains inside the egg folder.  Unusual, but afaict
everything still works.

Running setup.py with simple = True does not work: not nearly enough files
or folders are included.​

Edward