> I brought forward the model used by calibre as a possible way forward for
> Leo installations for novice users. I reiterate that this provides a
> one-click installer and an application that will work out of the box, every
> time with all features fully enabled instead of expecting novices to hunt
> down the spell checker, the rst to html exports etc. etc.

2c that are worth 5c today ;-)

I think there is general agreement here that this would be a (very) good
thing. The problem is in how to achieve it. Packaging is hard, and there's
isn't anyone about who knows how to do it well (though Davy seems to have a
good handle for Debian/Ubuntu). I've spent at least 30 or 40 hours on
various Windows install and packaging methods, and came up with a really
good recipe for people like me, but that's a pretty small class of users!
;-)

Rereading the above I sound like I'm complaining about you complaining, but
that's not the intended message. It's good to have the theme reiterated
from time to time.

cheers,
and a Merry/Happy Christmas to all,

Matt