On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 1:44 AM, Dufriz <duf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What about making Leo more user friendly, for a change?

​:-)  I think Fidel's answer was a bit harsh.

As you imply, there is a never-ending tension between adding new features
and making things easier for both newbies and power users.  There is no
magic answer for this problem, but that does not mean that the problem can
be dismissed.

Is there some part of Leo that particularly troubles you?  Some of Leo's
best features arose from making things simple.  I'm particularly thinking
of @button nodes, even though the code to make them happen is surprisingly
complex.

For me, it the biggest offender as far unhelpful complexity goes is the
@rst machinery, particularly all the settings that I never use, except to
set them and forget them.  These settings were intended to make Leo's @rst
trees more flexible, but maybe they just make @rst trees more sclerotic ;-)