One last thing. I realize this would be a big move and detract from core
development. Almar Klein <https://github.com/almarklein> is the creator of
Flexx. Almar also is the creator of Pyzo which is a Python IDE which
currently uses PyQt as the GUI Toolkit. Unless I'm mistaken I believe the
intention is to eventually move Pyzo over to using Flexx.

It seems to me that you (Edward) and Mr. Klein may have some common
development goals. I think that a dialogue between the two of you regarding
using Flexx as the GUI toolkit for a Python IDE would be mutually
beneficial.

Just a thought.