​​
On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 8:15 AM, john lunzer <lun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great stuff Edward. Thank you for all of your work. It's fun to watch you
> when you're excited about Leo. I've been around long enough to see your
> "down" periods. I don't know what goes on in those periods but during them
> but I will constantly check the forums and the Leo's github for activity,
> waiting for the next "comeback".
>
> I don't know if you watch sports but I liken your activity to a typical
> year in sports complete with off-season. I'm not ashamed to say that you're
> one of my favorite programming "athletes" and I look forward to every new
> season. Your penchant for communication and documentation are really the
> key. Forgive the hyperbole, but you're easily *the* most transparent
> programmer I've encountered.

​Thanks for all these kind words.  They've made my day.

I think I mentioned here somewhere, a few sentences that changed my life.
In August, my tai-chi ​

​instructor said that if we focus on improving our weaknesses, we only end
up bringing ourselves up to mediocre levels. Otoh, if we improve our
strengths, the payoffs are much greater.

This statement went off like a bomb in my head. I instantly saw that
working on Leo is the one and *only* thing at which I am not mediocre.

Since then, I have hardly watched any sports, and have almost completely
stopped playing go. Ironically, I haven't been back to tai-chi either! I
still play the piano, but only for fun, and to give a bit of joy to others.