On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 10:32:16 AM UTC-6, Terry Brown wrote:

personally I don't  feel the need for images in a text editor, viewrendered
> is fine for me (or at least will be, when viewrendered 4 is released ;-)

Imo, images in the body pane are an essential ingredient for emulating
pyzo, org-mode or Jupyter cells. They are too important, and way too cool,
to forego.

Don't forget the wikiview plugin unhides text when the cursor moves
> through it.

A timely comment. As you say, it's a much lighter approach than using the
colorizer.

Instead of deprecating wikiview, it should be moved into Leo's core, with
suitably renamed commands.

So at present I plan no further changes to the colorizer. I'll put the
color branch on hold.  Instead, I'll create an image branch for further
experiments.