On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Edward K. Ream
<edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

​It looks like removing tildes has broken background highlighting in the
status area.

​Rev 383484 restores leoSettings.leo from an earlier rev so that it has
tildes again. With only this change, the essential background highlighting
in the status area works again.

I suspect that there is a bug in the stylesheet manager class relating to
tildes. The bug might be subtle.

I didn't write this code, and I don't want to touch it so soon before b1.
Terry, if you can fix the problem quickly, we can remove tildes from
leoSettings.leo before b1. It's up to you.