On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 12:40:25 -0500
Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 08:12:39 -0700 (PDT)
> "Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Oops: 58d7b463504 merges sqlite-format branch into master
>
> I've been staring at gitk until I'm cross eyed, but the more I do the
> less I'm sure the statement above is true.  I'm not convinced there
> was ever any unintended merge.

This is driving me nuts, I still can't work out exactly what happened
here.  It seems to me that the commit that collapsed the two branches
together was

f0a76ae7b793e8adc2964402e86b27c4ecfef19d
Author: Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com>  2017-07-03 08:56:38
Committer: Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com>  2017-07-03 08:56:38

but I can't work out how.  It seems to be a merge of master into the
sqlite branch.

So with the current github leo-editor:

checkout f0a76ae
git log
  search for 58d7b46  # commit accused of merging sqlite into master
  search for 16b7d39  # original (or almost) commit for sqlite

both exist, which I think means sqlite is in master, although I'm not
sure why, it seems master should still be pointing at f1f4d43.

checkout f1f4d43
git log
  search for 58d7b46
  search for 16b7d39

Neither exist, sqlite is not in master.

I guess Edward you could have merged master into sqlite and then used
git reset to move the baster branch - did you use git reset at all in
the last day or so?

So, I'm not sure there's any problem here, I'm just trying to
understand exactly what happened.

Cheers -Terry