I guess I'm dubious about how this tests anything other than the string / null
gui.

For instance edit pane code will probably just not load in a non-gui context.
So any breakage it causes to the test of the Qt gui will go unseen.

I'll look into --script, but if course windowless VNC only works in Linux.

Cheers -Terry