Wow, reading Israel's post made me me think I wrote it (except the org-mode
part). Probably 80+% of my work in Leo is writing content w/ LaTEX output.
Most of the rest is variations of markdown and RST. I tried moving my work
to Scrivener and really like it a lot. However, I like Leo better (plus
it's free and open source) and once I figured out how to link to external
resources, I never went back to Scrivener. I don't like using LaTEX content
auto-generated from something else. I end up spending too much time
cleaning it up. For what it's worth, my work flow with LaTEX content is:

   1. I mostly write content directly in LaTEX syntax (it's cleaner and
   easier to edit directly). I created many Leo abbreviations to speed up the
   process (lists, sections, etc.)
   2. I wrote several outline-data-tree abbreviations to create 'wrapper'
   shells for different kinds of documents (preambles, etc). Then I simply
   input the LaTEX content files (\input{content.tex}}.
   3. Since I'm mostly on Windows, I use the excellent TeXnic Center
   <http://www.texniccenter.org/> compiler to create the PDF output. (I
   never use it to edit, only to compile.)
   4. Rarely, if I need to export to something else (xxx.docx or xxx.rtf or
   xxx.html), I write in multi-markdown and use Pandoc to output.

Excellent post and I'd love to share ideas with other Leo/LaTEX users on
work flow. Perhaps I can steal a few better ideas or trade for some of my
own.

Rob...