Thanks Edward a simple route to Latex would be brilliant.

Leo does indeed open org mode files. And it takes each entry in a .org file
and turns it into a node.
With some help from Terry I've started writing a script that sorts the
nodes from the org-mode file by date stamp, which org uses to produce the
agenda.
In the source file the org agenda items are not chronological the Agenda
view imposes the chronology.  There is a calendar framework into which the
agenda items are filed. The calendar does not 'know' what day it is in real
time. You have to manually sync it - which doesn't seem to be a problem for
users. And there are commands for how much of a calendar to produce - this
week, this month, this year.

I suppose having sorted the agenda items in Leo and having a calendar
framework, node per day maybe? Then we just copy the child nodes to the
relevant day for each item.  And then some sort of manual sync process that
takes the view to the node for 'Today'
When I write that down it doesn't sound too complicated. I have the sorting
bit mostly working so maybe I should have a go at the next bit. However I'm
very conscious of how thin the ice of my competence is!

Thinking about it there must be some real time checking going on because
org-mode is able to fire off an OS based reminder when a scheduled or
deadlined item becomes due.

Enough thinking out loud,  Ta like.

IH