On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Chris George <technat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where do I get to choose the boxes?

​There are two settings: For the Leo Dark setting they are:

@string tree-image-closed = nodes-dark/triangles/closed.png
@string tree-image-open = nodes-dark/triangles/open.png

I think these paths are relative to the leo/Icons folder.  *But let's not
guess*.

Searching for tree-image-closed finds ssm.set_indicator_paths & helper.
Here is the docstring:

'''
    In the stylesheet, replace (if they exist)::

        image: @tree-image-closed
        image: @tree-image-open

    by::

        url(path/closed.png)
        url(path/open.png)

    path can be relative to ~ or to leo/Icons.

    Assuming that ~/myIcons/closed.png exists, either of these will work::

        @string tree-image-closed = nodes-dark/triangles/closed.png
        @string tree-image-closed = myIcons/closed.png

    Return the updated stylesheet.
'''
These two settings might also be involved:

@bool color_theme_is_dark = True
@string color_theme = leo_dark_0

Again, *let's not guess*.

*@bool color_theme_is_dark*: I found nothing for a regex search for
color.theme.is.dark.

I was about to disable it, but its body text contains:

    Set to true for dark themes, so bookmarks.py can generate
    random background colors which are appropriate etc.

*@string color_theme*: A cff on the regex color.theme yields 5 matches,
including qt_gui.getImageImage. The docstring is:

'''Load the image in file named `name` and return it.

    If self.color_theme, set from @settings -> @string color_theme is set,

     - look first in $HOME/.leo/themes/<theme_name>/Icons,
     - then in .../leo/themes/<theme_name>/Icons,
     - then in .../leo/Icons,
     - as well as trying absolute path
 '''
It's helper also has the same docstring ;-)

*Summary*: The truth is out there if we look.

HTH.