On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:35 AM gar <garr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I have just started to learn Leo and trying to use it's vim mode.
>
> First what I miss of is different cursor shape for normal and insert modes.
> I discovered 'vimmodeinsertborder*' settings but they seem do not work for
> me - I cannot observe any difference whether they set or not.
> But even they were working - it is not absolutely what I expect to meet.
> So my question is: is there any easy way to change cursor shape and color
> for normal/insert modes?

Alas not.

Second feature I miss alot is vertical select. Looks like Leo does not
> implement it at all. Am I right?

Again, probably not.

You might be more happy with Leo's vim plugin
<http://leoeditor.com/plugins.html#vim-py>.

Also, just this morning we have been discussing using Leo's bridge module
in vim <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/leo-editor/PrOR4mak-zc/JXA65oYIDQAJ>.
That's soon going to be part of Leo's documentation.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/CAMF8tS1A3K%2BiNYnY-ZfEHcFqaCgnb_S1FHkuR%3DO7rrLs92_BkQ%40mail.gmail.com.