Hi,

The path Vitalije is suggesting was the one that worked best for me with
Leo... but took me years to discover it by myself. My first script was
one that took a Leo (sub)tree and exported as a Markdown file in a
desired path, using Leo node headers as Markdown headers and Leo node
bodies as contents for such headers. The code was crappy and I never
packaged it as a plugin (or even made a keyboard shortcut), but it
taught me a lot about Leo main feature: a programmable DOM/tree that
could be introspected/changed from any of its scripts nodes. That
started the path that allow me to build my own (Pharo powered)
interactive outliner for the PhD.

It was until I started to use the programmable DOM that Leo opened
really for me (before that, the killer feature, as a non-programmer were
clones), because I understood that Leo provided an extensibility layer
to deal with its own limitations via scripting (which aligned with my
PhD question on "how can we change the digital tools that change us"). I
think that such scriptabilty possibilities could be better transmitted
if we have some friendlier "end user" experience to install plugins,
something like the stuff Atom or Firefox do, listing all installed and
available plugins and making them one click away of distance.

So, following on Vitalije's advice, I would invite you to see, which
limitations Leo has for *you* right now and to explore which is the
simplest script to overcome it and talk with the community to see how
can we be companions for such travel.

Cheers,

Offray

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/91bc88ab-76f8-8056-a983-22030d8a1a45%40riseup.net.