On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 8:36:01 PM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 3:24 PM Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > @ekr, are the identifiers for Leo nodes globally unique, or only within
> an outline?
>
> gnx's (*global* node indices) are supposed to be truly unique. They will
> be unique unless you are doing something very odd, say by running multiple
> copies of the Leo bridge simultaneously.
>
> > And how do you get a node's identifier programatically?
>
> p.gnx or v.gnx.

Thanks.  And - maybe this is weird - would there be any problem adding
properties to a node?  If course, the Leo serializer wouldn't know about
them, but a custom serializer could.  Extra properties on a node wouldn't
interfere with anything else, would they?  I'm speculating about keeping
the various meta data items for a zettel (note) as properties on the note's
node itself.