On Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 9:47:41 PM UTC-6, Thomas Passin wrote:

Attached is the Leo file for my little zettelkasten.  It includes @settings
> nodes for the commands and keyboard shortcuts for inserting the node id and
> timestamp.

This is excellent. The overall looks like a good Leonine prototype.

The structure uses *@path* nodes to create directories.  When you run the
> rst3 command on the tree, it will create a directory tree in the file
> system that matches the structure of the Leo outline.  The bookmark manager
> uses this directory structure to build its internal data structures linking
> different parts of the outline together.  This procedure also gives you the
> ability to export the files if you should ever want to move to some other
> system.

Is TM4J your bookmark manager? The .leo file has this broken link for ..
_Zettels: file:///D:/Tom/devel/zettelkasten/zettel1/zettels.txt

Is there a web link?

So the* @path* directives are only needed if you plan to make use of the
> bookmark manager (when I get it ready for use).  Otherwise, you would still
> want those nodes, but they wouldn't have to have the *@path* directives.
> Ultimately my plan is to use them with a Leo plugin to do the kind of
> linking I currently do in the bookmark manager.  So it would be wise to
> include the organizing nodes, and to give them meaningful titles. And even
> without the behind-the-scenes data structures, they will still be useful
> for searching in the *Nav* tab.
>
> The @rst directives are only needed for using the *rst3* command. But I
> think that's worthwhile.
>
> Oh, and here is a command to open Explorer (Windows only) at the directory
> of the path of the current outline.

I like this prototype a lot. Already the outline has answered a lot of
questions.