I don't like to fix bugs involving Leo's most crucial code late in a
release cycle. Imo, such bugs should be fixed early in the *next* release
cycle. That way the new can be thoroughly tested.

In the past, I have just postponed work on such issues until an official
release has gone out the door. Now I see that such delay is not needed. I
can create a new branch for any issue at *any* time! Doh! This seems
obvious now, but it didn't become obvious to me until just a few days ago.

*Issues deferred to Leo 6.3*

The following issues entail significant changes to Leo's core. I have
rescheduled them all for Leo 6.3.

- #1510 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1510>: invalid
characters in .leo files.
- #1497 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1497>: auto-save.
- #1493 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1493>: python
import problems.
- #1484 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1484>: problems
with marks.
- #1475 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1475>: sentinels
in body text.

Last, and most importantly:

- #1437 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1437>: gnx
problems in Leo's bridge. This issue has languished for far too long.

*Summary*

At last I see that I can begin work on a potentially dangerous issue *now,
*even
if it is prudent to include the issue in some later release. This allows
important bug fixes to be tested immediately.

The five bugs schedule for Leo 6.3
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+milestone%3A6.3+label%3Abug>

all now have the "First" label, meaning that they should be merged into
devel as soon as possible after Leo 6.2.

The last four bugs scheduled for Leo 6.2
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+milestone%3A6.2+label%3Abug>

should be safe to fix. They do not imply significant or dangerous changes
to Leo's core.