On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 10:41:03 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

At last I see that I can begin work on a potentially dangerous issue *now,
*even
> if it is prudent to include the issue in some later release. This allows
> important bug fixes to be tested immediately.

Some additional thoughts:

1. This work flow reduces the coupling between issues and releases.

The only constraint is that significant fixes should be merged into devel
early in a release cycle.

2. This work flow privileges those who use Leo's github repo.

Imo, that's exactly as it should be. Yes, there is value in having official
releases, but those releases should not impair development in any
significant way. And now they don't :-)