On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 8:15 AM tbp1...@gmail.com <tbp100...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Viktor, could you say more about the workflow you are thinking of?  For
> myself so far, I am happy to keep Leo open in its own app outside a
> browser.  And I would prefer to avoid running a server on my system to
> mediate between Leo and the browser.  However, without a server, it's not
> really practical to store the Leo outlines on your computer in a way that
> you can retrieve using other browsers or programs.

A timely comment. Yesterday I spent several hours zooming with FĂ©lix
getting leobridgeserver.py to work with a python test client. I'll write up
the results later today.

A client/server architecture is the only way to connect leoInteg (vs-code)
to Leo's bridge. And leobridgeserver.py is completely agnostic about the
language that clients use.

Otoh, in the last few days it has become clear that I am not looking for
anything better than python, or the desktop version of Leo, for that matter.

In short, I am rapidly losing interest in the js world, except to support
leoInteg. As #1810 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1810>
asserts, there is no particular need to make Leovue a full-featured editor.

Suddenly lots of "spare time" has appeared. I'll think of something :-)