tbp1...@gmail.com schrieb am Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021 um 17:22:29 UTC+1:

> Viktor, those diagrams describe the Jupyter ecosystem, but not a workflow
> that uses it.  Your workflow is what I'm interested in.  For example, if
> you are not doing anything very specific to Jupyter, Leo + VR3 provides a
> reasonable equivalent.  You can:
>
> - Create and edit a document as a set of nodes.  Leo nodes can be nested
> and folded in a way that Jupyter nodes cannot;
> - View your nodes as fairly well-rendered page or pages;
> - Embed and run code - not as many languages as Jupyter, but more could be
> added.
> - View the embedded code, and optionally embed its output.
> - Embed graphical output of code into a node.
> - Convert a notebook - a set of nodes - into HTML.

OK, I misunderstood your question then - and - I guess I also did not
stress enough, that I was referring *only* to the use-cases, that gar
called a 'general-purpose *note-taking server* tool behind web-server'.

Here are my answers in *that* context:

    - Create and edit a document as a set of nodes. - YES.
    - View your nodes as fairly well-rendered page or pages. - YES.
    - Embed and run code. - YES & NO.
    - View the embedded code, and optionally embed its output. - YES & NO.
    - Embed graphical output of code into a node. - YES.
    - Convert a notebook - a set of nodes - into HTML. - NO, I want the HTML
      representation as the default. - As conversion formats I would
probably only
      need PDF (in the beginning)

With kind regards,

Viktor