I think it's a crash from Qt, but not from this new UI code.  That's
because I have been getting hard crashes for weeks at least.  I did not
used to get them, so I'm thinking it's something about a particular version
of Qt, or a Windows update (In fact, I had an update recently).

I think it's Qt because I get error events in the Windows Event Viewer, and
they usually give an error code that indicates a buffer overrun in Qt (I'm
also sometimes getting a new crash when I try to open Freewin, but that's
something different - a cross-thread deadlock).

Here is an example of an error report I've been getting:

Faulting application name: python.exe, version: 3.10.9150.1013, time stamp:
0x638fa05d
*Faulting module name: Qt6Core.dll, version: 6.4.1.0, time stamp:
0x636a3508*
*Exception code: 0xc0000409*
Fault offset: 0x0000000000011918
Faulting process id: 0x460c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d955e06c2acb33
Faulting application path:
C:\Users\tom\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\python.exe
*Faulting module path:
C:\Users\tom\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\PyQt6\Qt6\bin\Qt6Core.dll*
Report Id: 29c7eb9c-6cde-46f3-98eb-a05b5e44f4dc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The exception code has been reported as:
EXCEPTION_CODE : 0xc0000409 (“The system detected an overrun of a
stack-based buffer in this application”)

The other exception code I get is 0xc0000005, which is means "access
denied".  That usually means an attempt to access memory that the app is
not allowed to (e.g., a buffer overrun), but presumably in the heap.

To see these events in the Event Viewer:
1. Open the Event Viewer as an administrator;
2. In the viewer, select Windows Logs/Application;
3. In the right-hand panel, click on "Filter Current Log";
4. In the dialog that comes up, check "Error", then in the edit line
labeled "Includes/Excludes Event IDs", type *1000*.
5. Click on *OK*.

BTW, I save *all the time*.  Am I thinking instead of typing?  CTRL-S. I
could never lose 30 minutes of work.  Old habits die hard, I guess, but
it's an ass-saver.