I just now got repeated crashes when trying to do a particular operation -
it started happening every time.  My script goes out to the internet and
tries to download a file, which in this case was a .pdf file.  I commented
out the new mouse gesture code, and still got the same crash.  It's always
the same exception code, and it's always the code for "access denied",
coming from Qt6.  So it's something about Qt, but in this case it's not the
new mouse code.  It is a reproduceable  exception that seems to happen
specifically for this one URL.

It happens that this exception has a different code than the ones I got
earlier, so something else could still be going on.  Better to play it
safe, I suppose.  I'll keep working on this and see if I get any more
crashes with the code in or out.