I will second this desire.  I really like being able to restart Leo and
pick up right where I left off.  I think that has been a very positive
trait of Leo.  In fact, it gives the user - or at least me - a sense that
Leo is especially well engineered and that user needs have been carefully
thought about.  OTOH, leosession only captured the state of the outlines
when Leo exits, but not (I think) when an outline is closed and then
reopened in a later Leo session.  That would be valuable.  Why couldn't the
outline itself store that data when it's closed?  It could be a backwards
compatible change to the outline's file format.