On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 5:04 AM jkn <jkn...@nicorp.f9.co.uk> wrote:

> FWIW I can't really tell what #3408 will actually *do*. "Real Sessions"
> sounds great, but what is written there is more about the coding. I would
> like to better understand when the user experience will be at the end of
> this.

The idea, n*ow fully realized* in PR #3215
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/pull/3215>, is this:

1. On exit, Leo *always* saves a list of open outlines (automatic
session-snapshot-save).
2. When you open Leo without specifying any files Leo opens the saved list
of outlines (automatic session-snapshot-load).

This scheme is what I understand to be real sessions. It's not *exactly*
equivalent to *manually *doing session-snapshot-load because Leo always
overwrites the previously saved session.

Please try this all out.