On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 7:38 AM Thomas Passin <tbp100...@gmail.com> wrote:

After reading this, I looked at the VNode class definition for the first
> time.  Ouch!  I think this must be an example of serious technical debt.
> No doubt it seemed reasonable or even necessary but as I look at it without
> knowing the history or even much about how it's used, it's not how I try to
> go about things.

I stopped reading here.

Enough. This kind of carping has got to stop.

Leo's VNode class is the heart of Leo. It has a long history. It handles
clones two orders of magnitude faster than the MORE outliner. All of its
complications exist for a purpose.