On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 12:14:03 PM UTC-4 Edward K. Ream wrote:

I *understated *the performance advantages of VNodes. Leo forms clones in
constant time. In comparison, MORE took O(N**2) time to make clones. MORE
could be much worse than 100x slower than Leo.

Also, MORE made clones by copying trees, a significant storage allocation
bug.

Yes, you want to copy references, not objects, when possible.

Finally, MORE crashed often. Whatever Leo's problems, it hardly ever just
goes away :-)

Well, that was Dave Winer, wasn't it?  Great ideas, practical designs, but,
if his XML formats are anything to go by - well, they were atrocious.  I
never used MORE but some of its core functionality made it into Radio
Userland, which I messed with for a while.