On Tuesday, May 21, 2024 at 7:46:15 AM UTC-4 Edward K. Ream wrote:

On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 10:13 PM Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is your experimental version of VR3 using the free_layout command?

Not any more.

Are you good with me merging the PR today?

If you mean merging my private branch (PR #3924) with  your
*ekr-3910-no-fl-ns-plugins* branch, please go ahead right away.  The reason
is that it contains code to display images with relative URLs correctly
when the rendering is exported. I developed that code in a branch that is
based off of *devel* - before the new layout code. My new PR includes both
that work and my recent work using the new free-layout free code. If you
merge your branch into *devel* before merging my PR, I will have to do all
that work over again, and it was not easy.

If you mean merging with *devel*,  I'm less sure. Without my changes, I
don't think VR3 will be very useful and I believe that there are a few
day-to-day users out there.

How about if we take a little survey in this group and ask who is using
which GUI plugins?  That might give us some guidance before the change to
the new way.