However, the simple FORTH kernel (I think it was fig-FORTH but my memory is
hazy) didn't use DOS calls at all, and only screen write and direct disk
access BIOS calls (that was INT21, wasn't it?). I don't see how the PC or
DOS design could have slowed it down by much compared with the CP/M Z-80
version.