Tushar Teredesai wrote:

Based on my past experience with gcc upgrade, I plan to stay away from
gcc-4.x till a 4.1 release :-) So a branch sounds good to me.

Tushar, you're at least the second person I know of that's stated the same plan. However, 4.1.0 will more than likely be *less stable* than whatever 4.0.x version is out at the time, due to the way GCC's releases are managed. Basically once the x.0.0 release is made, that branch goes into a strictly regression-fix-only mode. Mainline then gets new features, etc. which will become x.1.0. Obviously, along with new features come the inherent bugs/not-quite-as-we-expected-functionality :)

Obviously, what you do with your system is entirely up to you, but I for one will be sticking with 4.0.x until at least 4.1.2, I'd imagine.

Regards,

Matt.