Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 09/05/05 07:08 CST:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>>[cc'ing to lfs-chat where this thread now belongs; please direct
>>all replies there]
>
> I don't subscribe to lfs-chat, nor am I about to.

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? Who said anything
about subscribing? Just change the reply To: field to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] It's really not that hard. But
since you are above this, I suppose we must keep this thread
that doesn't belong, right here on a -dev list. :-)

>>Anyone can write anything they want
>>to in a publication, be it fiction or be not.
>
> This is a wholly incorrect statement. Ever heard of the word 'libel'?

[sigh.....] Here goes Jeremy again, making an issue out of
nothing. Who said anything about libel? Other than you?

> (Note that I'm not accusing the PC Magazine article of being libelous,
> I'm just responding to the completely ridiculous statement above.) You
> can't publish as fact to the world information that is false, misleading
> and defamatory.

Who said anything about misleading and defamatory, other than you?

The magazine article mentions LFS in *one* sentence. "A good
resource for beginners is LFS". Hardly misleading or defamatory.
Calling LFS a "good resource", is to everyone in the world, a
good thing. Unfortunately, the "for beginners" doesn't belong,
but that hardly makes it misleading or defamatory.

My simple comment about the 4 paragraph rant from someone demanding
an apology stands.

And Jeremy, you really need to consider using your Thunderbird to
read the LFS newsgroups for mail lists you don't subscribe to, and
if you need to send a message, just change the To: field.

--
Randy

08:39:00 up 156 days, 8:12, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.10, 0.30