Randy McMurchy wrote:

sash wrote these words on 11/27/05 20:31 CST:
Justin R. Knierim wrote:
sash wrote:
There is a printed book on how to search using google. I doubt it was written because google is so simple to use for geeky things.
There is? You have got to be kidding me. If a person can't use google, they shouldn't even think about attempting LFS.
Seriously... there is and it's not a simple book either.

How could anyone take this seriously?

A book on how to search using Google? Please, give me a break,
this has to be the most incredulous thing I've ever read, knowing
that the poster was being serious.

Please, Sash, tell me you're just kidding about this and you
completely fooled me.

Not kidding at all, Randy, my dear! :)
*Google: The Missing Manual, First Edition <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/googletmm/index.html>*
/By Sarah Milstein, Rael Dornfest/
Google is the planet's most popular program for finding stuff on the Web--but it has no manual. As it turns out, Google has many hidden tricks and tools that can turn your simple searching into powerful--and successful--discoveries. But you have to know...
In Print. Published May 2004
&
*Trucos Google, First Edition <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/tgoogle/index.html>*
/By Tara Calishain, Rael Dornfest/
Google Hacks is a collection of industrial-strength, real-world, tested solutions to practical problems. This concise book offers a variety of interesting ways for power users to mine the enormous amount of information that Google has access to, and ...
In Print. Published June 2004

and also numerous others can be found by a tiny search string of "google search" on O'Reilly. I saw it in the bookstore and always wished I had bought it then. But, alas, I can order it now! And, I rarely tease, but am delighted by the surprise hehe

sash