Jim Gifford wrote:
I know this is a topic a lot of people are interested in. How to get udev hotplugging working.

And I already provided a way of getting this working without a need for the package that the cross-lfs team has provided. This is in the archives for last month, so I'm not going to repeat it here. What I will say though is that the only reason my work has not hit the book is we're still waiting on linux-libc-headers. Once that's in, the plan of attack will be:

1) Upgrade kernel+llh
2) Upgrade udev, remove hotplug and patch the bootscripts to not install the hotplug script and fix the udev script to work with the latest udev release. 3) The udev upgrade will include a change to the build commands to build *most* of the extras (but things like edd_id and dasd_id aren't necessary on an x86 as far as I can tell). It will also include a new udev rules file that works with the latest version of udev and configures it to allow automatic module loading, therefore allowing the removal of hotplug.

Once the above is done then I'll be willing to look at the extra stuff in your udev "package", but only if it's accompanied by bug reports against the new configuration and proof that your package or a part thereof is required to fix the bug.

Regards,

Matt.