On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 12:11:06PM +1100, Ryan Oliver wrote:

> +1, it should never have been removed.

I just don't understand why development shouldn't happen on a
development list? Why shouldn't technical threads be here? This is what
lfs-dev has always been about. lfs-hackers, IMO, was ill-conceived in
the first place as a list where non-mainline development of 2.6/nptl
took place. The reasoning I recall is that it cluttered lfs-dev. lfs-dev
is about development. People reading this list are expected to be
interested in development otherwise there is no reason to read it. If a
person has no interest in a particular thread, delete it without reading
it. This list is much quieter than say, lkml or postfix or numerous
lists and sorting through it is not hard to do even for busy people.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs