Archaic wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 11:46:41PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>>I believe (but could be wrong) that X can be built and installed without
>>any devices in /dev
>

> But any and all post-LFS package building is irrelevant in this context.

That is true.

> If one is to follow the LFS book, one must have devices present prior to
> installing the MBR. That alone is reason to sort out this problem. We
> used mount --bind before. Perhaps it is time to bring it back.

But not all possible devices.  The minimum would be the device where
grub will be writing the MBR, usually hda or sda.

I believe there are two issues here.  What devices are necessary when
building LFS within chroot and are the full set of devices created
properly upon boot of the LFS system.  They can be the same, but it is
not strictly necessary.

  -- Bruce