On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 01:14:58PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> There is another issue that may (or may not) need discussion.  The
> procedures in chapters 6,7,8 are designed to be done in one sitting.  If
> a user needs to power down somewhere in the middle of the process (think
> students in a lab) reestablishing dynamically created elements upon
> reentry of chroot is a non-trivial matter (/proc, /sys, /dev).

There already exists a note about that here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/kernfs.html

However, with mount --bind we can remove quite a lot of the text from
there and from here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/devices.html

and consolidate it into the new mount page. That also allows us to put
one big fat warning box on that page.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch