Gerard Beekmans wrote:
Nico R. wrote:
This is unfortunate, because when the subject can't be displayed
completely by the mail reader, most messages look pretty much the same
to me, example when there are replies to them:
"Re: [Linux From Scratch] #1715: bas..."

I suggest changing the subject prefixes to LFS, BLFS, ALFS etc. to
improve this.

While you started the subject a second adjust that could be made is making the subject clearer that we are dealing with a bug here. Sure, all of us know exactly what this subject line means and the #xyz indicates a ticket ID to us.

Yeah, this value is configurable. I'm not sure if it's possible (or more accurately, how difficult it is) to use dynamic values here. AFAIK, it's just a string. So [xLFS] would probably work for each project. I'll let you guys discuss it further.

What happens in cases where text is *not* US-ASCII and still sent with the content-transfer-encoding set to quoted-printable? Maybe nothing happens. I admit to knowing next to nothing about character sets in this way.

Not my strong suit either. :/

--
JH