Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> It can be made more clear. And is the project name truly necessary in
> the Subject header. We already know which project a ticket belongs to
> based on the mailinglist it was sent to (this of course is me assuming
> most everybody uses separate email folders to filter email into. If you
> have all your LFS emails in one folder, than this topic distinction
> would be preferably for those people).
>
> Maybe a change that combines both and use the old Bugzilla Subject method:
>
>     [LFS Ticket #abc] Summary here
>     [BLFS Ticket #def] Summary here
>     and so forth.

We all know that it is about tickets, so we could drop that.

What about the following?
  [LFS #1234] Useful subject lines
  [BLFS #9999] Handle ticket numbers with 5 digits or more
  [CLFS #4711] New build method

Or even
  [LFS 1234] Useful subject lines
  [BLFS 9999] Handle ticket numbers with 5 digits or more
  [CLFS 4711] New build method

I like your idea, too, Gerard.

> Playing devil's advocate here: how about 'mutt /var/mail/nico' rather
> than 'view /var/mail/nico'?

;-)
Oh, yet another package to install ... mutt in addition to Thunderbird,
not right now, thanks ... :-)
--
Nico